Thursday, October 13, 2005

A personal message

There's a part of me that is very sad. Sad because someone who has been a part of my life for over 17 years is missing, and I don't know how to talk to them. Conversations have been limited in the past few years (by an outside source), but now they are non-existent. I recently celebrated a birthday, and this is the first year I can remember that I didn't get a "Happy Birthday" phone call. Worst of all, this person hasn't disappeared voluntarily. You know who you are...

I know that you are going through a tough time right now, but disconnecting yourself from the rest of the world is not going to help the matter. Especially if that seclusion is forced upon you by another person. I know you've got inner turmoil and a lot of mixed emotions right now, and as a friend I am worried about your mental state. I know that some people have a reason to be angry, in their place I might feel the same way, but shutting down and refusing any help or support is not a wise decision. I have known you for far too long to let you go through this alone. I'd like to hear how you're coping with this. I'd like to hear anything. I have no idea what I have to do with this, but if someone has a problem with me talking to you, they can call me themselves.

No comments: