Monday, June 29, 2009

A typical day answering the phones while working at the front desk...

- "Is this the Red Lion Hotel?". This is right after I've just answered the phone saying "Good morning, Red Lion Hotel".

- "How close are you to Disneyland?" Uh, about 500 miles or so.

- "Do you know what time it is?" Look at the bedside clock right next to the phone.

- "My granddaughter just peed all over the bed".

- "Do you know what the temperture is?". If you stick your head out your front door I'm sure you'll find out. Me? I'm in the air-conditioned lobby.

- How much are the tickets to "fill-in-the-blank"?

- "Can we get more towels?"

- "Can we get more towels?"

- "CAN WE GET MORE TOWELS???" Listen people, for the last time, the little button you just pushed on the phone says "Front Desk" not "Housekeeping".

- "This is room 125. We were just moved to this room because we didn't like the way the air-conditioning worked in room 451. We were moved to room 451 because the water pressure in room 104 was too low. We were moved to room 104 because there was a stain on the carpet in room 503. We were moved to room 503 because we didn't like the curtains in room 175. We were moved to room 175 because it was too far away from where we parked the car. Now we want to move from this room because we don't like the view."

- "Can you give me directions? I'm on highway whatchamahoozit just passing thingamajig street...there's a purple billboard...and a crow."

- "I heard about this local garage band that's going to play in your lounge there. I don't know their name. I don't know what day they are playing. Can you tell me more about that?"

- "This is the Southwest Airlines crew. I don't know our in-bound flight number. Can you come pick us up?"

- "Is this the DoubleTree Hotel?" Again, this is right after I've just answered the phone saying "Good morning, Red Lion Hotel".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

loved reading this!!!

~Melissa

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Sorry to hear that you have to deal with such a high level of stupidity, and I bet the polyester tie & suit coat they probably make you wear is super sexy too. It's still better than having to repeat "Would you like fries with that?" all day.