Sunday, July 17, 2005

So now what?

It was raining this morning as I left New York, my bedroom looking so sad and empty, my voice echoing off the walls. It was so overcast I couldn't get one last look at the skyline as I drove away. Getting to the airport and running around with my suitcases in tow was an oddly familiar feeling though, as though the tour had only closed yesterday. It seemed almost second nature to be homeless with my life packed up in a few bags.

Now I sit in a hotel room in Pasadena starting yet another new chapter in my life. How will this one begin? "It was a dark and stormy night", or will it be "It was a bright and sunny morning"? Unfortunately, I don't have any more answers now than I did a month ago. It's a waiting game at this point and I'm completely unsure whether I'll actually be offered a contract or not...and sadly I think that fact has taken a lot of the excitement out of this for me.

6 comments:

jazz bird said...

I'm sending you good thoughts and wishing the absolute best for you. Break a leg.

Kingfisher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You sound so alone...just remember that you are in the same state as most of your family now and we are rooting for you. You are loved...Mom

Kingfisher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

Holy shit dude!

Take a valium! I'm being run into the ground here. I'm NOT having fun and I'm NOT on vacation. I've learned over 2 solid hours of choreography in the last 9 days...in case you don't comprehend, that's a SHITLOAD of information. I don't get the time to log on or do anything other than study or sleep. This is the first time I've checked my blog since I got here.

There's a LOT more going on here than anyone knows. I will probably have entirely new information to report to everyone very soon. I simply think it's pointless to fill everyone in until I have some confirmation.

Kingfisher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.