Tuesday, June 14, 2005

June 14th

Well, exactly one year ago today I packed up my roller-skates in a suitcase, got on a train and moved into my apartment here in New York City. In some ways it seems hard to believe I've been here for a year already...in other ways it's not. I have literally been to a hundred auditions, spent a lot of time and money getting new headshots taken, updating my music book at the Lincoln Center Library, buying new dance clothes and shoes (and the bag to carry it all in), losing 20 lbs., and riding the subway (and walking) all over Manhattan running from audition to audition. Sounds like hell, right? Well it was, and is, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. It's a strange way of life that most people can only dream of. Besides, I have a feeling it's all going to come to an abrupt end sooner rather than later. The one thing I'm not looking forward to experiencing again is the relentless heat and humidity of another New York summer.

I've also enjoyed a lot of great things here...roller-skating at the "skate circle" in Central Park, hanging out in Times Square, walking around the upper-west side, hiking up at Inwood Park, and meeting lots of new and interesting people. It is time to move on though, my suitcases are getting bored. Travelling the world and seeing all it's many sights is in my blood, and I've been sitting here for way too long.

1 comment:

Kingfisher said...

Come back to the southwest! Or do you have a line on another tour?

Lost 20 lbs??? Turn sideways and you'll disappear. I hate you.