Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Audition season

Just when you think audition season is over, a whole new string of auditions comes around. I had a good one yesterday, just strangely not for the show I was auditioning for...

I went to audition for a series of small tours with Theater of the Stars, "My Fair Lady", "The King and I" and "Bombay Dreams". One guess as to which show I was going for. Anyway, once I go into the room I see Baayork Lee sitting behind the desk, who was the original Connie in "A Chorus Line" on Broadway, and directed me in the same show in Atlantic City. Turns out she's going to be choreographer for the revival of " A Chorus Line" coming to Broadway next year. So Baayork recognizes me (sort of), and asks if I'll be going to the dance call later this month. I said, "Only if you want me to", and she said she wanted to see me for the part of Larry (the assistant choreographer). So hey, that at least sounds promising, even if she's blowing smoke up my ass, I'll take what I can get...

2 comments:

jazz bird said...

Hey, welcome to the 21st century, blog man ;)

It's funny- I just recently heard about the upcoming revival of ACL and immediately thought of you.

Break a leg,
-S.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro

Sounds like things are looking up a little, it's good to know people in high places.

Why is it that we are obsessed with shortening words? Was weblog so long that we needed to drop two letters and a syllable? Are we really that pressed for time? Sorry, just a venting former techno-dork.

I'm starting a new non-confusion crusade, I'm now calling them Personal Online Observations and Perceptions...oh wait a minute, someone will want to turn that into an acronym, I'm sure of it ;)

Enjoying your P.O.O.P.,

-Jeremy