Thursday, December 03, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas

On my way home from the gym this afternoon in my car, I decided to turn on the local "Christmas" radio station.

Every town's got one.

You know, the one that plays only Christmas music starting around Thanksgiving and plays it 24 hours a day until Christmas. Well, they just happened to be playing "The 12 Days of Christmas". Not my favorite Christmas tune, but what the heck.

What startled me was after the song finished.

The DJ came back on and announced that a small independent company had tallied up what everything in that song would cost at today's market value.

...you wanna take a guess as to how much it would cost you?

...I'll wait.

...dum-dee-dum-dee-dum.

...la-dee-dah-dee-dah.

...okay, here's what they said it would cost at today's market price.

...hold on to your wallet.

$87,000.00!!!

Hey babe, it may be Christmas and yes, I do love you...but wouldn't you rather settle for, oh, I don't know, maybe A CAR???

IT WOULD BE CHEAPER!!!!!

No comments: