Saturday, December 15, 2007

Only 16 days to go...

I hate 2007.

Seriously.

What's the deal?

I have posted about this twice before, Welcome to 2007, now kiss my ass and Hey 2007, can you go away now???. Well, here's one more thing to add before this bitch of a year finally comes to an end (Thank God).
__________________________

In an effort to do something better for myself, and get into better shape, I decide to take a class at my gym. Well, it seems they just resurfaced the workout room floor. Halfway through class, I slip and fall twisting my left ankle.

It feels O.K. for the rest of the day, but when I wake up this morning I can barely walk to the bathroom. I decide I can't possibly work today (my job entails a LOT of walking), so I have to call in sick, losing a much needed days' pay at Christmas time. So much for doing something good for yourself.

I go to CVS to pick up a heating pad and bring it home, but it's all wrong. Too small, too thick. I can't get it around my ankle. So I decide the best thing is to exchange it for a different one. I'm also out of fresh water, and I'd like to pick up a DVD to watch since I can't really go anywhere. There's a rental machine right next to the water dispensers. So I grab the water jug and head out to fill it up.

When I get there, none of the dispensers are working.

O.K., I'll just rent the movie I want to see.

Sold out.

Not only that, but as I stand there with my empty jug of water, I realize I've left the heating pad I was going to return on the counter by the front door.

So I head back home, pick up the pad and head over to CVS. I return the item and get a different one. As I'm at the counter, a man comes running into the store yelling, "Someone just backed into a silver Hyundai in the parking lot and took off!".

"It's mine."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh poor poor baby...only you ever have bad luck or are unappreciated...NOT...we are like that but we man up and take care of it and move on...