Thursday, April 20, 2006

E.T. needs to get a life

No, I'm not talking about the cute, bald alien with the glowing digit from Steven Spielberg's classic blockbuster, I'm talking about "Entertainment Tonight". Just one of the many annoying celebrity stalking paparazzi programs that seem to always be on TV.

"Angelina Jolie was spotted in Paris today shopping for clothes for the baby Pitt. We have an exclusive look at some of the baby clothes she may have purchased." Okay, I don't care what she actually did purchase, much less what she may have purchased. Nor do I care what Brad Pitt ate for lunch while she was out shopping.

But the thing that drives bamboo chutes under my fingernails is the cutesy-pie, sugar-coated nicknames they give to celebrity couples by combining each of their names. You know what I'm talking about, "Brangelina", "Bennifer", "Vaughniston", "Tomkat"...and as though that wasn't bad enough, now that Katie Holmes has given birth, they are referring to the baby as the "Tomkitten".

Excuse me while I go barf.

No comments: