Monday, January 09, 2006

50%

50 percent. What is it about this that drives me nuts? Because if given the choice between up or down, left or right, black or white, good or evil, I will invariably pick the wrong one. Always. A 1 in 2 chance. That means that anywhere in the world you will probably be right 1 out of every 2 times, 5 out of every 10, 50 out of every 100, you get the idea. Except in my world. When faced with 50% I know I'm doomed. No matter what I guess, it will be wrong. I've even tried the "reverse psychology" angle...pick whichever one you're SURE is wrong, because you're wrong so often that it has to be the right one...nope, still wrong. No matter what I do, 50% will haunt me for the rest of my days.

2 comments:

Kingfisher said...

Sounds familiar. Hmmmm...

Same with me. I'd rather pick 5% than 50%.

BTW, are you in a time warp? Says you posted at 6:27pm, but it's only 3:45 across town. Computer still stuck on EST?

Anonymous said...

it's because you're a Libra...hee hee