Friday, September 16, 2005

The more things change, the more they stay the same



Well, it's the end of the first week of performances and in many ways it feels like I never left. Here I am with the rest of the male singers goofing around before the opening night curtain. Most of my show is the same as it was years ago, even down to the staging. It feels great to be in front of an audience again, and even better to be earning a paycheck.

I halfway broke down on the "no car" issue this week, only halfway because I purchased a moped. It's under 50cc's so there's no requirement for registration, insurance or even licensing, so basically all I have to do is put gas in the thing and it gets like 60 miles to a gallon. Just something simple to get me around to appointments and shopping...

4 comments:

Scott said...

Jesus! I literally posted this 10 seconds ago and already I've been SPAMMED!

jazz bird said...

I'm glad you're back on that side of the lights where you belong :)

The moped sounds like a great idea. Good thinkin'! I bet parking is a breeze, too.

Kingfisher said...

Love the pic. You're back where you belong.

Thought of getting some sort of bike myself, since a tank of gas costs more than a week's AC bill in summer. But with my commute, it's pretty much out of the question.

For the spam, try turning on the word indentifier thingy on the comments tab. Works great on stabbing the spam bitch.

Hope we can get togethre soon. Life with a blossoming 7th grad girl, a freshman, and a college boy is a challenge. And a drain on what's left of my pitiful checkbook.

Keep rolling and enjoy your enviable Vegas life!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome & hilarious! Is that Keith on the top? Is he still at "J"?

~crazy showgirl