Sunday, October 18, 2009

'Twas beauty killed the beast

I just finished, once again, watching "King Kong".

I've seen it maybe 50 times over my lifetime.

The original 1930's version.

The 1970's version with Jeff Bridges and "Dwan". Really bad acting abounds.

...and the newest, CGI, slick graphics, tricked out version.

I think I understand the intent of the storyline now.

The metaphor of a huge, enormously powerful beast, capable of so much anger and destruction and yet equally as much caring and love.

Fighting to the end and ultimately giving his life for what he holds precious...a beautiful woman who understands him and communicates with him like no one else can.

I think you have to be a man to truly understand the intent.

It only took me a lifetime to figure out.

But just who is the "beauty"? The attractive, blonde starlet...or the 80 foot, monstrous gorilla with a heart of gold?

It truly is in the eye of the beholder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All i know is that you have a huge and beautiful heart. :)

~Melissa